Developing Moretele for Growth and Prosperity for All
Budget & Treasury
Promoting financial viability and management within the Municipality.
The Revenue Management Unit Manages the Municipality’s income. This is done by ensuring the following:
• Funds due to the Municipality are correctly and timeously billed and collected;
• accurate and transparent accounting processes and policies are in place and compliant with relevant legislations;
• there is management and control over the funds received by the Municipality;
• elected officials can confidently take accountability for the public funds due and payable to the Municipality;
• financial reporting is provided to the Municipality, other stakeholders and the community in general;
• all outstanding monies are efficiently collected in a dignified and humane manner in terms of the Council’s Credit Control and Debt Collection By-law and Policy with indigent relief; and the approved policies and business processes to meet the Council’s objectives are all aligned.
The expenditure Unit is responsible for ensuring that accurate and timeous payments to the Municipality’s suppliers, councillors, officials and third parties. This is done by ensuring the following:
• processing of all purchase order invoices, sundry payment requests, and disbursements are processed timeously.
• timeous payment to employees, councillors and third parties.
• Assist and guide the other department on financial and administrative matters and ensure that they are financially compliant and spend within their respective allocated budgets.
The Asset Management section is responsible for acquiring and maintaining the Assets of Moretele Local Municipality
Supply Chain Management
The supply chain management unit manages the supply and acquisition of various goods and services to or on behalf of the Municipality. These include tenders for construction works, general and professional services, the disposal of goods no longer needed, and the selection of contractors to assist in the provision of municipal services.
Local Economic Development
Building a sustainable Moretele for growth and prosperity for All.
The department is within electricity unit is responsible for the following:
• Coordination and facilitation of electricity capital projects that are implemented by Eskom.
• Maintenance of high mast lights
Water & Sanitation Unit
The bulk water supply from City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality water treatment works and underground water from various villages. The division is also responsible for the wastewater treatment plant which ensure that raw sewage is treated before the water is released back into the rivers. The unit ensures that regular maintenance is carried out on water pipelines network and sanitation system. The following are key performance areas of the unit:
• Bulk water supply
• Waste water treatment
• Operation and Maintena
Roads and Storm-Water Unit
Roads and Storm-water Unit is responsible for planning, providing and maintaining the existing internal roads.
• Maintenance of internal roads
• Coordinate and facilitation of provincial roads
Project Management Unit
PMU is the unit within Infrastructure Development and Services that is mainly responsible for registration, coordination, facilitation and implementation of capital projects within the municipality. The following aspects forms part of the unit responsibilities;
• Monitoring compliance in terms of available legislations related to projects implementation
• Project conceptualization and planning
• Funding solicitation for capital projects and registration of projects
• Monitoring and reporting on capital projects implementation
• Maximise poverty alleviation efforts through job creation during project implementation.
• Ensuring completion of projects within the timeframe and budget.
HR and Corporate Services
The Human resources and corporate services directorate is responsible for developing and improve human resource capacity
Community Development Services
Some text here. Some text here. Some text here. Some text here. Some text here.
Infrastructure & Technical Services Department
The Infrastructure and Development directorate is responsible to ensure the following:
• Adequate access of basic service to the households
• An Improved access to basic services.
To ensure adequate access of basic service to the households Improved access to basic services Infrastructure Development and Services Department is responsible for provision of water, sanitation, roads and electricity.